Eating primarily cooked (enzyme deficient) foods can put an unnecessary strain on your body. Those unwanted, unflattering, body downers are signs that your body is experiencing some “strain”. Begin incorporating a few more uncooked foods into your week and you will see a delightful change sure to turn those downers into a peppy, upbeat, more vibrant YOU!
Try This Enzyme Rich Recipe!
Detoxing Chopped Veggie Salad
Ingredients for the Salad
- 1 Cup Chopped Romaine
- 1 Cup Chopped Red Leaf Lettuce
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Arugula
- 1 Cup Tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 Medium Cucumber, diced
- 1 Medium Fennel with bulb, diced
- 1/4 Cup Green Beans, roughly chopped
- 1 Cup Snap Peas, roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese* (omit for DF/V)
- 3 Sprigs Dill, finely chopped
- Handful of Parsley, finely chopped
For the Dressing
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon, Orange, or Pineapple Juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Sea Salt/Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
Combine EVOO, mustard, and juice into a small bowl. Whisk together ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk again. Set dressing aside while you prepare your salad.
Meanwhile, place romaine, red leaf, spinach, and arugula in a bowl. Toss in assorted veggies and herbs – tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, snap peas, fennel, dill, and parsley. Add Dressing and toss. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top. ENJOY!
**Raw Vegetables and Fruits, as well as leafy greens are naturally cleansing foods. They are loaded with life-supporting and regenerating enzymes to make you look and feel Fabulous!
*If adding cheese in your diet, Sheep and Goat Milk Cheeses are a favored Detoxing EAT. Your body is able to digest these cheeses relative to cow’s milk cheeses.