Zucchini Veggie Saute
(Gluten-Free/Dairy-Free/Soy-Free/Vegetarian/Vegan)Watch Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (Grapeseed or Coconut Oil work great too)
- 4 medium Zucchini (I like to use green & yellow for color), sliced
- 1/4 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/4 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Roma Tomato, diced
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed
- *Fresh Herbs – Cilantro or Basil
- *Seasonings – Salt, Pepper, Ancho-Chili Pepper, Dried Cilantro or Basil (if not using fresh)
*Herbs/Seasonings can be altered depending on your tastes. You can use just salt and pepper or add a little more for a fuller flavor. These are typically my go to seasonings. Seasons should be to taste. Start with a little and nibble about half way in once the flavors have begun to merge and see if you need a little more. Its always better to add later than have to force down an overly salted dish.
Begin by washing/chopping/dicing/slicing all veggies and setting to the side. Heat Olive Oil in a pan (on medium to medium-high) and add in garlic and peppers. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt, peppers, and herbs, squeeze lemon over, and give a toss. Saute for about a minute or so to release the flavors into the oil and then add in zucchini and toss together. Place on the lid for a couple minutes and allow the zucchini to soften. Remove lid and continue sauteing with the lid off until it begins to brown slightly and absorb the liquid in the pan, about 10-15 minutes total. Serve as a main dish with a side of garlic toast and a small salad or as a side with grilled chicken.
- You can add onion, leeks, fennel, avocado, spicy peppers, carrots, cauliflower, etc. to this saute. Throw in what sounds good to you and cook the same.
- To make into a saucy-type dish over rice or your favorite gluten free pasta, add a can of organic diced or crushed tomatoes in and allow to simmer an extra 5 minutes with the lid on.