We are getting closer to our Half-Way mark!
Have you found any particular recipes helpful or something you have added into your list of daily blends???
Try simply Juicing 1 type of fruit or veggie and enjoying a quick glass of nutrition. Juicing is great because its gives your body all the nutrients it needs faster since it doesn’t have to break down any form of solids. It’s also a great way to give yourself an energy boost in the morning without having to consume caffeine or as a post-workout recovery drink instead of buying fancy powders and mixes.
N A T U R A L is Always Best!
Smoothies can be hearty and filling and can easily replace a meal. Try adding in Almond Milk, Oats, Flaxseed, and Nut Butters for a hearty smoothie that can keep you going throughout the day until your next meal.
If you are hungry, snack on RAW fruits and veggies, but try eating one only per meal. Eat as much of that one as you want. If you feel more hungry, eat some more. There is nothing wrong with eating 6 apples at once. Just try and balance the more sugary fruits with some vegetables to give your body all it needs each day. Make wraps using big leafy pieces of lettuce like butter lettuce, green leaf, red leaf, or romaine. Smear hummus on the inside and chopped veggies, roll up and enjoy.
Try to avoid eating too many nuts as they can bring on cravings for more foods and make it harder to refrain from giving in completely.
Have FUN, Be Creative, and Try Something NEW!!!
30 Day Smoothie/Juice Challenge:
DAY 11 – Recipe of the Day:
Carrot Mango Smoothie
- 1 Mango, chopped (or 1-1/2 cups frozen mango chunks)
- 1 cup fresh carrot juice
- Dash freshly grated Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Ice Cubes (omit if using frozen mango)
Puree ingredients in a blender until smooth. Enjoy.
Papaya Ginger Smoothie
- 2-1/2 cups Papaya (solo or mexican) chunks
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- 2/3 cup Greek Yogurt (I buy Chobani)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped, peeled fresh Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 16 fresh mint leaves, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- Refrigerate papaya until very cold, at least 1 hour or overnight is better.
- Blend papaya, ice, yogurt, ginger, honey, and lemon juice in a blender.
- Add 1/4 cup water, 1 Tbsp at a time, until the mixture is smooth and thinned to desired consistency.
- Blend in mint leaves. Garnish with mint sprigs. ENJOY!